Blessings, achievements, goals, and life lessons of the past year.
Why Am I Writing This?
Since 2016, I’ve been committed to doing a full-year retrospective and review on the highlights of the year, some fun stats, what I’m grateful for, and goals that I’ve had. I also finish it off with goals for the coming year as well as some of the biggest life lessons learned.
While this is very personal, I really hope that whoever reads this gets some value out of following my journey, whichever part that may be.
Check out past years if interested:
Continue reading “A Year in Review: 2018”
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama book summary.
Dreams from My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance by Barack Obama
Synopsis: “In this lyrical, unsentimental, and compelling memoir, the son of a black African father and a white American mother searches for a workable meaning to his life as a black American. It begins in New York, where Barack Obama learns that his father, a figure he knows more as a myth than as a man, has been killed in a car accident. This sudden death inspires an emotional odyssey; first to a small town in Kansas, from which he retraces the migration of his mother’s family to Hawaii, and then to Kenya, where he meets the African side of his family, confronts the bitter truth of his father’s life, and at last reconciles his divided inheritance.” -Audible
Continue reading “Book notes: Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama”
Interview with my little brother, Jacob 😁
I’ve wanted to do this since he was 8, but finally got around to doing it this past weekend.
Here we cover a range of topics, just messing around mostly, asking the hard questions to get the insight of a wise and brilliant man of his age:
- What would you do if you won a million dollars?
- If you could choose a superpower?
- His interesting morning routine
- Soul Cycling
- School: valuable or scam?
- Tips to succeed in elementary school
- Girls, beauty, and his type
- Donald Trump or Hilary Clinton?
- Walls, Mexicans, and email
- Too much video games good or bad
- Renewable energy and the environment
- Favorite books, and video games
- Race and ethnicity
- The purpose of life, living, and being American
- Role reversal: what I would do with $1 million
- 2 of the hardest riddles I’ve ever heard
We had so much fun with this, as you could probably tell 😂