What to do if you win the lottery and not end up broke.
I cover a range of topics in this talk including:
- Why lottery winners go broke
- What to do if you win the lottery
- My own thoughts on personal finance
- Why money won’t make you happy
What are your thoughts on winning the lottery? Leave me a comment and let me know! I respond to every comment 🙂
The key to spending more is to know what you value and what brings you happiness.
For many of us, we feel like we’re not good with our money.
- We spend more than we think we should
- We buy things that don’t make us happy long-term
- We get buyers remorse often
- We find we have less money at the end of the month
- We’re constantly waiting for payday so we can feel good again
The key to being able to spend more is to:
- Know what you value, what brings you true joy, and spend more on that
- Cut mercilessly on things we don’t value or doesn’t bring us lasting happiness
From there, you can develop your own “conscious spending plan” as outlined in the book I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Ramit Sethi.
Why I don’t think this is going overboard.
For anyone who checks out my foodie Instagram account (@yolocruzfoodz) and story, or has talked with me in the past couple of months, you probably know that I’ve become mildly obsessed with acai bowls.
“Mildly” being up for interpretation.
This point was underscored when I took a look at my July spending towards this recent obsession (I track all of my spending categories via my budgets feature on Mint).
While my fascination with acai bowls began in late May / early June, this was the first month I knew it was becoming an actual obsession.
July Acai Spending Breakdown:
Continue reading “Why I Spent Almost $120 on Acai Bowls Last Month”