Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio book summary.
Principles: Life and Work by Ray Dalio
Synopsis: “Ray Dalio, one of the world’s most successful investors and entrepreneurs, shares the unconventional principles that he’s developed, refined, and used over the past 40 years to create unique results in both life and business – and which any person or organization can adopt to help achieve their goals.
Continue reading “Book notes: Principles”
Unshakeable by Tony Robbins book summary by Marlo Yonocruz
Unshakeable by Tony Robbins
Synopsis: “Tony Robbins returns with a step-by-step playbook, taking you on a journey to transform your financial life and accelerate your path to financial freedom. No matter your salary, your stage of life, or when you started, this book will provide the tools to help you achieve your financial goals more rapidly than you ever thought possible.
Robbins, who has coached more than 50 million people from 100 countries, is the world’s number-one life and business strategist. In this book he teams up with Peter Mallouk, the only man in history to be ranked the number-one financial advisor in the United States for three consecutive years by Barron’s. Together they reveal how to become unshakeable – someone who can not only maintain true peace of mind in a world of immense uncertainty, economic volatility, and unprecedented change but profit from the fear that immobilizes so many. Through plain English and inspiring stories, you’ll discover…
- How to put together a simple, actionable plan that will deliver true financial freedom
- Strategies from the world’s top investors on how to protect yourself and your family and maximize profit from the inevitable crashes and corrections to come
- How a few simple steps can add a decade or more of additional retirement income by discovering what your 401(k) provider doesn’t want you to know
- The core four principles that most of the world’s greatest financial minds utilize so that you can maximize upside and minimize downside
- The fastest way to put money back in your pocket: uncover the hidden fees and half truths of Wall Street – how the biggest firms keep you overpaying for underperformance” -Amazon
I preordered this book as soon as I got the email promotion from Tony Robbins’ newsletter. It’s a Tony Robbins book and its about money, one of the most important things to understand. I feel like those reasons are two of the most compelling I can think of to ever pick up a book.
Continue reading “Book notes: Unshakeable”
Depth – Daily writing prompt
It’s interesting how many people, in my generation at least, were given the same advice growing up:
“Get good grades, go to college, and get a good (high paying and/or prestigious) job.”
Continue reading ““Depth” vs Breadth”