As we wind down the course, let’s wrap things up and look forward. Some final prompts to choose from:
- Publish a course wrap-up: What did you enjoy or dislike?
- Describe an assignment or writing session in which you experienced an “aha!” moment.
- As I continue blogging, I plan to …
- 5, 10, 20 years from now …
I absolutely loved this writing course. Because of the variety in assignments, it really pushed me out of the box and showed me new ways to approach a post.
I felt the different structures were valuable because I was able to learn the concepts by putting it into practice. Because it was sort of like a challenge, it pushed me to not skip a day and go through it as a sequence.
I thought the homework assignments were great ideas, but I wasn’t able to accomplish them (like the collaborative guest post) because I mostly set aside a 5-10 minute window per day to work on these.
When I give myself topics to write on, I definitely will give myself more time and plan out my writing process accordingly.
I think overall, my biggest takeaways were:
- Engaging readers with stories from my daily life, helping me develop a storytelling voice
- Using my other social media to enhance the posts
- Using images and graphics like my personal photos off my phone to help tell the story visually
- Playing with short and long posts, as well as lists
As I continue blogging, I plan to use what I’ve learned about style, formatting, and approach to tackle some of the topics I’ve been wanting to write about like how to develop habits, book reviews, hot-button topics, and general recaps of interesting parts of my day/life.
5-10 years from now, I hope my blog will develop into an all-inclusive look into my life that will add massive value to my readers. I hope to develop my personal brand that allows me to reach the maximum amount of people so that I can make enough of an impact.
I also hope to develop my brand as a platform to help me achieve some of my other goals and network with other like minded people. Perhaps I’ll even be able to find some amazing mentors along the way 🙂