Why Am I Writing This?
Hello friends, followers/subscribers, and various people on the internet. It’s that time of the year again! I’m always excited to do this yearly recap. It allows me the space to take a step back and review everything that has happened in the last 12 months.
This post allows me to simultaneously:
- Self-reflect on my past year
- Share personal highlights with those who are curious or interested
I’ve been doing these year-end reviews where I recap memorable events, express gratitude, compile my personal statistics, and examine how much progress I made on my personal goals.
A Tradition Since 2016
Since 2016, I’ve been doing these posts mainly for my own records. However, these reflections may also be beneficial to others, so I write them with the intention of a public audience reading them.
For those who don’t know, I do 3 other types of journal reflections: daily, weekly, and monthly. This yearly reflection is somewhat a compilation of those reflections but formatted in a more digestible way for the public.
Past Years In Review:
In a separate post, I’ve compiled all of the life lessons I’ve learned this year. My hope is that sharing my own hard-earned lessons will benefit those who may encounter similar challenges. I also wish to compile these into a book one day.
General thoughts on 2021
I think overall this past year has been a lot better than 2020. Aside from the global pandemic fundamentally changing so many aspects of our daily lives, I think most of us have been able to take this 2nd year in the pandemic to adapt to the changing circumstances. Wearing masks, getting vaccinated, and trying our best to stay safe in group settings have become the new norm.
With that being said, the politicization of public health has still been devastating. It has become another wedge that splits our country in two. While our political climate is discouraging, at least we have some people in government this year who actually have experience and knowledge of how to run a country.
Even though we all want things to “get back to normal” and be able to do all of the activities we did before, these new variants have shown us that the threat to our health and safety is still ever-present. However, I do have hope that things will slowly but surely get better.
For my yearly reviews, I use the B.A.G. format. The acronym stands for:
B = Blessings
A = Achievements
G = Goals
The idea is that to keep yourself happy and centered, you have to reach into your “BAG” every so often. This helps me focus on gratitude looking back, celebrate wins, and then redirect my focus for the future.
What I’m Grateful For
Parents – My parents are always first on my list. Trying to visit as often as I’d like has been difficult these past couple of years, but I was still able to visit a few times. I’m grateful to have parents who make time for me, drive me around, let me borrow their car, feed me, and enjoy their company. The silver lining of living away from home is that the time you do spend together feels a lot more precious.
Siblings – Next on my list are my siblings. I don’t see them often, but we have this interesting sibling bond that makes it so easy and fun to spend time with them. It’s funny because while we’re all different in our own way, we’re also very similar. I think it’s mostly because we all developed the same sense of humor even though we only see each other a few times a year. I’m always grateful to have a good relationship with them, as I know sometimes this isn’t true with family members. I’m manifesting that in the future, we’ll all spend a lot more time together. Especially my little brothers. I can’t wait to see how they turn out as they grow into adults.
Marco Dominguez – For the 2nd year in a row, I wanted to express my gratitude to this fellow who has played a big role in my life this year. Not only has he been a reliable gym buddy, but he’s also been there during some of this year’s challenges, as well as some of the most fun moments (with the Karaoke Crew). I’ve said this before and it’ll likely forever be true, but Marco is one of the most kind, caring, down-to-earth people I know. He’s also very inspiring in that he’s constantly chasing a better version of himself and pursuing what makes him happy.
Bao Vu – Bao has been nothing less than the rock for our team. I’m personally so grateful to know such a selfless and kind person who puts others’ needs before his own (in a world where most people do the opposite). And despite being extremely talented on many levels, he doesn’t let his ego get in the way and never makes other people feel bad about themselves. He inspires me and those around him to be better dancers. Most importantly, he cares a lot about the well-being of others. I think if there were more people like Bao, the world would definitely be a better place.
This upcoming year, one of my goals is to help lessen the burden that Bao carries for the team so that he can have more time to take care of himself.
Shasia Rangel – I’ve known Shasia for over a year now and I can honestly say that she’s one of the people I look forward to dancing with the most. Not only is she a hard worker, but she’s a great leader, empathetic of others, and deeply intelligent. She puts herself out there and does what she feels is right, even when the outcome causes her more stress. She says what she feels and is non-apologetic about her opinions, which makes me deeply respect and trust her a lot.
But most importantly, she has a great sense of humor (meaning she laughs at my jokes lol) and she also makes me laugh a lot too. We have so many inside jokes at this point that we can just look at each other from across the room and bust out laughing to ourselves (I’m currently laughing to myself about how I laugh to myself during these moments haha).
There was this one moment during practice last quarter when I wasn’t feeling the best emotionally, but I thought I did a good job hiding it. But then after practice, she came up to me and asked “Are you okay? You’re not as annoying as you usually are” in the most sincere way. I couldn’t help but smile stupidly at how much I loved that comment, and I could feel my heart expanding with gratitude for her. I told a half-truth and said it was just because I was tired and had a headache, but I’ll never forget how perceptive she was to how I was feeling. It’s so nice to feel like you’re truly seen by someone.
I appreciate that we were able to hang out more during our Hanyu project trip to Seattle and have deeper conversations about various things. It’s always a blessing to find people in your life who have the same energy as you because hanging out with them always feels so effortless and so much fun.
Genesis Mangcucang – I’ve known Genesis for a while now, but he and I started to hang out more towards the end of the year since we did Hanyu together. We have a lot in common (aside from both being “old” guys, dancers, and Filipino). He has this chaotic energy that also brings out the chaotic energy in me, and then our combined chaotic energies get multiplied exponentially until both of us are dying of laughter. I’m thankful to spend more time with him because he gives me so much energy, and our hangouts are usually some of the highlights of my week.
Dorothy Ho – It’s interesting because I only met Dorothy two years ago but it feels like we’ve been friends for so much longer. I’m grateful to this girl for also being there for me during my low point this year, but also for being such a great friend. She’s such an easy person to talk to and someone you can feel safe around. She’s also very open and vulnerable about her own struggles, and it’s nice to know that I can be a friend she trusts.
Blessie of J.R. & Blessie – I don’t think anybody this year has made me laugh more or given me more joy this year than her. Anybody who knows her knows she’s one of the sweetest and silliest people you’ll ever meet. She’s a pun queen, multi-talented, very caring, and fun individual who I’m extremely grateful to call my girlfriend. I had prayed for years to find a partner just like her, and I honestly believe she’s God’s gift to me.
She’s also my partner in our content creation journey, and I honestly couldn’t have asked for a better person to do this with. Her personality and talent make it so much easier, and I always look forward to the fun ideas we come up with to make our followers laugh.
Lastly, she’s the best life/romantic partner I’ve ever had. We visited each others’ families a couple of times this year, in addition to having our regular movie nights and foodie dates. We’ve had our challenges this year, but the silver lining is that every challenge will make you stronger if you approach it the right way. And I think that’s true for us as well. Her willingness to self-reflect and be open to learning has inspired me to do more of the same. Being with her pushes me to be a better communicator and impart more empathy and compassion towards others. Overall, I’m looking forward to our adventure into our third year together.
Groups of People
Koreos – The end of 2021 officially marks my 3rd year on the team, going into my 4th year. It’s been such a fun and crazy journey growing with this team, and seeing it change and grow as new members join. Each era has been so different from the last because the new combinations of people make it feel almost like a brand new team, which is a good thing! There’s that saying “new blood is the lifeblood of any organization” meaning new people joining is always reinvigorating for any group of people.
Personally, I think every year on the team gets better and better. First off, the returning members who stay naturally get closer because we spend more time together and share more experiences. Second, having new people join our team is always fun and keeps things fresh. And it’s an opportunity to gain new friends.
So many people on the team are big inspirations for me. I feel so fortunate to dance with such a passionate group of dancers. When you dance with people who love what they do, their energy is contagious. Age-wise, I’m the oldest member on the team, but dancing with them makes me feel young because of how enthusiastic they are to explore and grow their artistry.
My littles: Jade, Ariel, & Rin – Because we had so many new members this year and so few returners, I ended up getting three new littles. Even though I’ve only known them for a few months, I adore each of them immensely. They’re all young (1st & 2nd years in college) yet inspiring to me in so many ways.
Ariel is such a talented dancer. She’s hands down one of my favorite performers on the team, and that’s saying a lot considering our team is stacked with great performers. I admire how she commands the stage when she dances. She also exudes love to those around her. She really lives in the moment with the utmost humility and is so much fun to hang out with.
Jade is so funny and energetic. I especially love how edgy her humor is. She makes me laugh so much and I appreciate how she’s not scared to speak her mind. I love how self-reflective she is and how willing she is to improve herself. What I admire most about her is that she always does her best and lives with gratitude.
Rin is one of the most intelligent and thoughtful people I know. She is very driven, ambitious, hard-working, and holds such high standards for herself. Most importantly, she is so kind and empathetic towards others. We share the same faith so I pray God keeps her in my life for a long time. She’s also the only person I’m scared of when we play Secret Hitler because she’s so good. But at the same time, I think I’m developing the ability to tell when she’s lying haha. Which sucks for her, but good for me.
I cherish the time we spend together. I see aspects of myself in them, which is probably why I’m so fond of them. I can see the challenges they’re going through at this point in their lives, and it reminds me of the similar struggles I had around the same age. They inspire me to be a better person because I want to set a good example for them and not disappoint them as a big.
If I could actually adopt them as my little sisters, I would in a heartbeat. I have this strong, big-brother desire to be there for them, support them when they need it, and not expect anything in return. Given how much I adore them, I have to actively try not to smother them with too much attention. So I try my best to give them space and only be there if they need it. But I’d be lying if I said I’m not regularly thinking about how I can help make the team better so that they’ll have a more positive experience.
I’m excited to see them realize their full potential, carve their own paths in life, and find self-fulfillment. And if I can be a part of their journey, I’d be eternally grateful.
Dance students (private students & classes) – Even though I haven’t had consistent group classes this year, I’ve been blessed to have a number of private students. I love teaching/mentoring more than (almost) anything else. To see my students grow, and to be able to help guide them to where they want to be, there’s hardly a better feeling in this world.
I like dancing as an artistic medium, but I love teaching even more. I love private lessons the most because I can spend one-on-one time with someone, really figure out how I can help them reach their goals, and guide them towards those goals. Basically, I love sharing my knowledge and experience with passionate students who know where they want to be but need help getting there.
Karaoke Crew – This group of friends is especially close to my heart because I feel like I’ve personally curated this group over the past few years. My close friends know that one of my favorite pastimes to do is karaoke. This group of friends loves it just as much and we always have so much fun together. There were so many times we’d find ourselves dying of laughter, and almost every time there is a new silly inside joke that has us rolling. These monthly hangouts are usually one of the top highlights of my month.
Blessie’s family – This year, I visited her family twice – once in Arizona and once in Texas. Usually, when you meet the “in-laws” it can be a mixed bag. But all her family members are so nice and welcoming. In these situations, it’s easy to feel like the odd one out. But they effortlessly made me feel like part of the family.
Hanyu – Almost half the people in Hanyu are already in the previous section, but wanted to express my gratitude for being a part of this fun group of people. We worked on this project for about 3 months. Even though we had our challenges, it was so worth it and overall such an amazing experience. Shout out to Jamie who brought us together and was our “mom/noona” for the entire thing. I give her such a hard time, but it’s probably because I admire and like her so much haha. And for the rest of the group, it was such a magical combination because our chemistry as a team was perfect. We still hang out a lot, and I’m excited about our upcoming projects together.
JR & Blessie fans/followers – Special shout out to all of our fans and followers again this year. We’ve gotten so much love and support across all of our platforms, and we grew so much this year. They’re always rooting for us and inspire us to continue creating content that makes people happy. We’ve gotten so many comments and dm’s about how someone was having a really bad day, but then they see our content and it makes them happy. Being able to bring joy and laughter to literally hundreds of thousands of people is such an amazing feeling. They inspire me to continue making content that makes someone’s day better.
Job Changes & WOrking from Home
This 2nd year of working from home has been such a blessing for me. I acknowledge that I’m very privileged to do so, and I’m infinitely grateful to have the opportunity. It’s nice to not have to worry about getting dressed up, commuting to work, and dealing with difficult coworkers (in person). I also have the freedom to run errands in the afternoon or whenever I don’t have meetings to attend.
I’m also grateful to work with such a great team, and also have a boss that’s very understanding and supportive. Not only that, but I feel like the work I do is valued by my organization and the company. When you have this combination of circumstances, it’s hard to feel upset over the little things.
As an aside, I’ve also had 3 job changes this year. The first place was very hectic and toxic, so I was glad to have left. The second place was amazing, but they were doing away with remote work, which would have been so much more stressful, especially considering covid is still alive and well. My third and current company is actually hands down the best, large-company I’ve worked for in my career. Not only do they care about their employees’ well-being, but the culture is a lot healthier than in my previous jobs. There’s an absence of politics and the vibe is that of a tight-knit, smaller company (despite being a large one).
Stats / Achievements
- Books read: 26
- Movies watched in theaters: 51 (via AMC A-List + others)
- TV Shows & Anime watched: 11
- Attack on Titan
- Demon Slayer
- One Piece
- Love, Death & Robots
- Fairy Tail
- Squid Game
- New Testament of Sister Devil
- Alice in Borderlands
- Donated blood 4 times
- May 21
- Aug 18
- Oct 27
- Dec 28
- Flights/Trips: 12 / 6
- NorCal 5/1-5/2
- NorCal 6/10-6/12
- NorCal 9/17-9/19
- Phoenix 9/25-9/26
- NorCal 11/25-11/26
- San Antonio 12/23-12/25
- Dance Teams/Projects: 4
- Koreos – Lemon Era 1.0 & 2.0
- New job: Fox Corporation
- Went to the gym: 5,4,10,13,16,19,25,22,14,11,1,15 = 155 times
- KPOP classes & private lessons: 15 privates +10 classes
- KPOP covers/performances: 12
- 2020 Medley (remote) [2/25]
- Mafia – Itzy [5/14]
- Butter – BTS [6/13]
- Thunderdous – Stray Kids (Playground) [9/12]
- On – BTS [10/3]
- Sticker – NCT 127 [10/16]
- Cry For Me -Twice [11/3]
- Rock With You – Seventeen (Koreos) [11/13]
- The Feels – Twice [11/16]
- Rock With You – Seventeen (Untitled) [11/21]
- BTS Concert Medley – BTS [11/27]
- Foundations performance – Twice & Seventeen [11/29]
- TFTI Parea dinners w/ Julie & Linda: 8
- Thai Food + Omomo – 1/19
- Cali Tacos – 2/23
- Atomic Ballroom + McDonalds – 3/19
- Benihana birthday dinner – 4/29
- Vox Kitchen – 6/7
- Boiling Point – 8/11
- BCD & 7 Leaves – 9/23
- Poke Bar & Cafe 86 – 10/20
- Reached 800k followers in 2021 on our @jrandblessie TikTok
- 25k followers on Instagram
- 10k followers on Facebook
- 5k followers on YouTube
- Jan – Moved from Buena Park to Norwalk
- 1/2 – Lunch w/ bible study small group @IrvineMarketplace
- 1/11 – Dinner catchup w/ little sis Mia @UTC
- 1/23 – Karaoke Crew Hangout
- Feb-Mar – Teaching private lessons to Daniel (for his survival show in Korea)
- 2/20 – KBBQ with bible study small group
- 2/23 – TFTI dinner @CaliTacos
- 2/28 – Dinner catchup w/ Marco @AYCE Sushi
- 3/20 – Koreos OC Crew hangout @Eunice’s place
- 4/3 – KBBQ & Fashion Island w/ Blessie’s friends
- 4/5 – Birthday visit & dinner with Blessie
- Got job offers from Nike and Fox!
- 4/9 & 4/11- Koreos filming: iKON – Why Why Why
- 4/10 – Catchup w/ Rani & Miah
- 4/11 – UFC Rosemead workout & lunch w/ Marco
- 4/17 – Koreos hangout @TheSource
- 4/18 – Koreos filming: IU – Lilac
- 4/18 – Hangout w/ Jae & Marco @TheSource
- 4/24 – Movie & EKO w/ Karaoke Crew & late night dessert adventure w/ Blessie & Sarah
- 4/29 – Birthday dinner @Benihana
- 4/30 – KoreosOC hangout: Demon Slayer @DelAmo Mall
- 5/1-5/2 – NorCal Trip
- 5/3 – SGV/Pasadena Trip w/ Blessie, Javier, and Sarah
- 5/7 – Emma’s drive-thru dance show
- 5/11 – Jae’s birthday dinner & hangout
- 5/14 – Koreos filming: Itzy – Mafia
- 5/22 – Met Shiba Bros doggos in LA w/ CJ
- 5/27 – KPOP class from Bini of YGX
- 5/28 – Sushi & Karaoke Crew hangout
- 5/29 – SD Trip: Bernardo Winery & SD Cruise
- 5/31 – Koreos filming: Aespa – Next Level
- 6/5 – Lindsey & Nate’s wedding
- 6/10-6/12 – NorCal trip w/ Blessie & Marco
- 6/13 – Koreos filming: BTS – Butter
- 6/18 – LA Trip w/ Blessie & Sarah
- 6/20 – Koreos x Seoula filming: TXT – 0x1=Lovesong
- 6/28 – Hangout w/ cousin Adrien & Lucas @TheSource & EKO Karaoke
- 6/29 – Hao’s birthday celebration @AMC
- 7/10 – 1st Meetup event w/ Marco @102 Cafe
- 7/10 – Monthaversary lunch @CheesecakeFactory
- 7/10 – Karaoke Crew @TheSource & EKO
- 7/15,17,18 – Moved into new place in Lakewood & AYCE sushi w/ Blessie & Marco
- 7/21 – LA Trip & Rohit’s going-away gathering
- 7/31 – Josh & Nhue’s baby shower
- 8/8 – Playground filming: Everglow – First
- 8/19 – Standup comedy open mic #8
- 8/21 – Kusina dinner & Pacquiao fight w/ Blessie’s fam
- 8/29 – Small group lunch @SupNoodle
- 9/2 – LA Trip w/ Blessie, Sarah & Javier
- 9/3 – Karaoke Crew hangout @Round1
- 9/5 – LA Trip: Koreos RPD, Acai, Dollar Hits
- 9/10 – Dinner w/ Louna & Blessie @ButatonRamen
- 9/12 – Playground filming: Stray Kids – Thunderous
- 9/16 – Seaside session w/ Bao & OC dancers
- 9/17-9/19 – NorCal Trip w/ Blessie: SF, Fremont, Milpitas
- 9/22 – TFTI Dinner w/ Julie @BCD & 7Leaves
- 9/24 – Genesis’ birthday hangout @Noypitz, @Tisbane and @PangPangKaraoke
- 9/25-9/26 – AZ Trip w/ Blessie’s fam
- 9/27, 9/30, 10/3 – Koreos fall workshop, audition, and orientation
- 10/1 – Paint & Sip work event @home
- 10/2 – Koreos performance: BTS Halftime show @RoseBowl
- 10/7 – K10 reuinion / June’s going away hangout
- 10/9 – KPOP event & RPD @TheSource
- 10/10 – Koreos 1st practice + hangout w/ board games
- 10/16 – Playground filming: Itzy – Loco @3rdStreet
- 10/16 – Koreos filming: NCT127 – Sticker @VeniceBeachSkatepark
- 10/20 – TFTI dinner w/ Julie @PokeBar & @Cafe86
- 10/21 – Denny’s food run w/ Phuc & Genesis @7Leaves
- 10/22 – Newport Beach night hangout
- 10/24 – 1st Hanyu project meeting @TheSource
- 10/29 – Yelp Event: Frida Cinema w/ Blessie
- 10/30 – Universal CityWalk & Pasadena trip w/ Marco & Blessie
- 10/30 – Koreos Halloween Party @Janie’s place
- 10/31 – Brunch w/ Blessie’s friends @Keepers
- 10/31 – Halloween RPD @TheSource
- 11/3 – Koreos filming: Twice – Cry For Me
- 11/6 – Redlands trip to visit Lindsey
- 11/6 – Duy’s Whirlwind dinner & album launch party
- 11/7 – Discovery Museum w/ Blessie
- 11/8 – Pre-practice Koreos dinner @SeoulTofu & SVT practice
- 11/13 – Koreos filming: SVT – Rock With You @VeniceSkatepark, food, games, and karoke @YDStudio
- 11/16 – Koreos filming: Twice – The Feels @3rdStreet
- 11/17 – Blessie’s birthday dinner @Benihana
- 11/19 – Dinner & karaoke w/ Karaoke Crew @BCD & @DDD
- 11/21 – Untitled filming: SVT – Rock With You @SantaMonicaPier
- 11/25-11/26 – NorCal Thanksgiving Trip
- 11/27 – Koreos performance: BTS Concert Medley
- 11/28 – Koreos Thanksmas Potluck + Big & Little reveal
- 11/29 – Foundations showcase performance
- 12/4 – Trevor Noah @TheForum
- 12/5 – Koreos fam hangout @BCD, @YDKaraoke & Hedrick
- 12/10 – Fam hangout w/ Rin & Ariel
- 12/11 – Hanyu practice + lunch w/ Shasia & Genesis
- 12/18 – Anniversary Picnic @HeritagePark
- 12/18 – Julie’s birthday gathering @SteelCraft
- 12/18 – K10 Friendsmas @Saaya’s place
- 12/19 – Marco’s birthday brunch @TheBreakfastBar
- 12/19 – Koreos filming: GP999 – OOO, dinner, Spider-Man movie
- 12/21 – Duy’s birthday hangout @IdolKaraoke
- 12/22 – Late night Hanyu boys dinner @Denny’s
- 12/23-12/25 – TX Trip w/ Blessie’s fam
- 12/25 – Christmas hangout @Genesis’ place
- 12/31 – NYE hangout w/ Blessie @Seaside
Goals for 2021
THEME FOR 2021: MAKE A LIVING OFF WHAT I LOVE
I mentioned at the beginning of the year that this would definitely be a stretch goal. Trying to build a sustainable income in new endeavors like digital products, rental properties, podcasting, or day trading was definitely a reach for just one year, on top of my regular day job, dancing, and building our social media following.
While I don’t feel like I achieved the overall goal/theme of building a new income, I think I have found fulfillment in what I currently do and focusing on what’s already going on. For example, I got a new job at an amazing company with a great culture and work/life balance. I’ve also done my best to create a healthy environment within my team which makes work more enjoyable. We’ve also spent the last year growing our J&B following significantly which has been such a fun process. And while my dance endeavors are still just a side gig in terms of income, I still get massive fulfillment from the level I’m at.
JR & Blessie Productions
- 1 long-form video per month (12 total)
- 1 short-form video per day
- 1 collab with another creator per month
- Not achieved. We pivoted on this a lot, and refocused our content creation strategy on being consistent and producing daily content for TikTok and Instagram. The focus this year has been to continue doing what works alongside trying out new things and trends, which has been producing great results.
- 1 open mic per week (when available)
- 1 improv class per month (when available)
- Not achieved. The pandemic was a huge hindrance to being able to have consistent open mics. Improv classes were non-existent. In the 2nd half of the year, open mics were starting to open up again, but I prioritized content creation and dance above pursuing my standup endeavors. However, I do want to dedicate more time to it this upcoming year.
Physical & Nutrition
- 15-30 minute workout 5x per week
- Eat 2 prepped meals per day
- No meat 1-day per week
- Achieved. Though not consistently throughout the entire year, there were large spans of time where I was working out 4-6 times a week with my gym buddies, as well as meal prepping semi-monthly. I wouldn’t say there was a consistent 1-day per week where I didn’t eat meat. But I will say that during the week as a whole, I ate a lot less meat than I have before.
Career / Financial
- Create new income stream from either Life Coaching, Podcasting, or Trading
- Qualify for FHA Loan
- Not achieved. As previously mentioned, I didn’t prioritize creating a new income stream this year, but rather focused on optimizing what I was currently doing. In terms of buying property, I refocused on dramatically increasing my down payment savings. By the end of 2022, I will have a sizeable down payment for a new home.
- Launch podcast (hosting, artwork, video platform & editing)
- Publish 12 episodes with a guest for each
- Not achieved. As mentioned, I didn’t make any progress on this front because of reprioritizing my focus. However, this is still on the backburner. I feel like I want to get J&B to a certain level first before switching my focus to another creative endeavor.
Goals for 2022
Theme for 2022: Consistency
I wrote out my 2022 goals first before trying to figure out a theme. However, I realized that my goals were so scattered that it was difficult to find a theme that linked them all together.
However, I think the theme of “consistency” feels right. If I just focus on being consistent with my strategic approach to each goal, I should make significant progress on each thing. I also believe that all of these goals are feasible. I want to set myself up for success as much as possible this year.
- 1M followers on J&B TikTok
- Strategy: Continue creating content consistently, experiment, and collab with other creators
- 10% bodyfat
- Strategy: 5-6 workouts per week, 4-5 planned meals per day, daily caloric deficit, get 7-8 hours of sleep consistently
- Become a leader on the team and set a good example
- Strategy: Apply for LSHIP, continue to set a positive example for teammates, push for new team process improvements
- Buy property (condo, townhome, house)
- Strategy: Keep increasing savings for DP, look for properties in NorCal & SoCal, find real estate agent
- At least 1-2 open mics per month
- Strategy: Write down jokes as they come to mind, set aside weekly time to refine material, sign up for bi-weekly open mic slots
- Get certified in Life/Relationship Coaching
- Strategy: Choose a company/course and complete it
I’ve created a separate addendum to this main post. It covers my lessons learned throughout 2021. Click on the header above to be redirected to that post.
Below are the main categories that encompass the list of insights I’ve compiled for the year.
- Career & Success
- People & Relationships
- Health & Well-Being
- Social Media & Content Creation